Friday, January 13, 2012

Dresser Makeover

This dresser is from my mother's bedroom set she had growing up. It was in great condition, but the finish was looking a little drab. I tried to clean it, lightly sand it, etc, but this thing was basically begging for paint...
before

after

The paint is Benjamin Moore, Aura, satin finish, Stonington Gray. We used the same color on our office wall but it looks a lot lighter on the furniture than I expected! But it's all cool, the goal was to have a neutral-colored dresser we can throw in any room and use for decades to come, and I think this goal was accomplished!

The hardware was removed and sprayed lightly with a coat of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. Basically, the best stuff ever for dealing with brassy finishes.

We also have a large mirror that matches this piece. I gave that thing a makeover too, but it's sitting on the floor so it's a little anti-climactic to show you just yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment