Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Point of no return

After many, many, many months of consideration...

(this would be the point of no return)


This photo is real, un-photoshopped


The picture is mildly deceiving. There are still quite a few steps left in the process. The entire face of the wall is done. But all of the posts need more coats of paint. And the banister still needs to be patched, sanded, stained, and polyurethaned. Then I need to work on the steps themselves, or hire someone else to deal with them.

It is kind of a relief to be this far along, because it's something I have gotten a little obsessive about (as the staircase is visible from the couch, and my eye always rests on things that bother me). I did want to finish completely before posting photos, but I became anxious.

Dad, I'm sorry for disrespecting the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment