Tuesday, December 28, 2010

China - December 2010

Occasionally I travel to China for business purposes and everyone is always asking me what it is like.

I actually like working in China since communication is immediate and much more gratifying than every day in New York. The downside is that I am a true homebody and miss John and the comforts and familiarity of home.

But... since I'm in work mode and China is 13 hours ahead of New York, time stops existing and I exist solely to work and call home. In between I manage to eat and sleep and futz around on the internet.

I imagine this is a similar way of life as astronauts in the International Space Station.

Anyway, here are some photos I took of things that struck me a few weeks ago (please forgive the awful Blackberry-quality photos)...

PU machinery


View from the Sheraton Dongguan.
The haze and pollution is, sadly, an everyday occurrence.


Pagoda in Dongguan


Detail


Sunset over the highway


Sunrise


Xiamen Airport

School kids at recess


Restaurant mascot at The House, Xiamen

No comments:

Post a Comment