Thursday, September 23, 2010

Swept Away

I love my dark wood floors. But they show every last little crumb, spec of dust and lint ball. I'm just throwing that out there to anyone who might be considering a darker color finish themselves.

However, I love my floors and if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have done anything differently.

So to deal with my little issue. Cleaning the floor. It has to be done at least twice a week. And I mean every dark corner, the closets, everything. This is why clutter is bad. I have to be able to see the floor, so even our closet floors are kept clear of shoes, debris, etc. But it keeps me cleaned and organized on a bunch of different levels, so I'm cool with it.
Back to the how-to. All I need is a Swiffer mop --- but I don't pay for the official refills. I literally just dampen a few paper towels and insert them into the Swiffer (as above), and I'm good to go. It's practically free, after purchasing the Swiffer handle-rod-thingy. And the best part is, no icky chemical smell or film left behind on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment