Been thinking about our bedroom for a while now. I have put together the inspiration board above, slowly, over the past month or so. This time I numbered each item to make it easier to talk about.
1) Surfaces: The floor has been stained dark espresso brown Minwax Jacobean. The trim and ceiling have been painted with Ben Decorator's White. The walls have been painted Aura Crystalline. Done, done and done.
2) Grandmother's furniture. I always loved Nanny's "French Provincial" bedroom set and she always said it would be mine someday. It's from the 1930s and the set includes 2 large dressers, vanity, nightstand, bench, chair and bed. It's an awful lot of the same look, so I've limited our room to hold the two dressers and nightstand. The rest is in the attic for now.
3) The second dresser (not pictured) is longer and lower, and is begging to be paired with a large rectangular mirror. I'm thinking the Fairmont Mirror from Z Gallerie will do the trick.
4) A pair of Crate and Barrel's Haley lamp on either side of the bed will introduce a modern note into the room.
5) This pretty pair of birdy pillows from Anthropologie would look awesome on our bed.
6) The Moon Beam alarm clock, is from a surprising place - L.L.Bean! It comes in a few vintage-inspired colors. How cute is that?
7) The Bed! Yes, finally a new bed! I've been eying this baby for YEARS. It's the Colette bed from Crate and Barrel. It has every feature we want in a bed - a) it's a platform, and b) it's upholstered, so it adds a soft element into the room after all that wood furniture we've put it, and c) it's awesome.
8) This Medallion bedding in soft celadon, from Brocade Home, is the perfect place to add in a little bit of pattern.
9) The Fretwork rug by Martha Stewart is handmade 100% wool and the price cannot be beat - it's available at Home Decorator's Collection.
10) I love white ceramic and the Palmer stool from Z Gallerie could be the perfect bedside rest for my latest read.
11) I tend to avoid decorating with extraneous stuff, but I could definitely find a place for these Blue Cloud vases, also from Z Gallerie.
So we might splurge on a few items, but I'm also planning on doing a Target/HomeGoods/Marshalls run real soon (woohoo!) and will be on the look out for similar items.