Thursday, April 22, 2010

Booboo

I knew it was going to happen:
old door with gigantic doorknob + freshly plastered wall + clumsiness =

One gigantic gaping hole.

I wanted one of the workmen to fix it, but he conveniently forgot to/selectively chose not to.*
Either way, I still had a huge ugly hole smack in the middle of my bathroom wall for a month or so and decided to take matters in my own hands.

John pointed out this awesome "Wall Span" thing they had at Lowes. I gathered together some other simple supplies we had on hand...
And went to work:
stick-on mesh wall-patch thingy

Added plaster:
Let it dry:
Sanded:
Voila!
Once painted, shouldn't be noticeable!

And once I get one of these things in place, we should be home-free:
(we own, but have not used yet...)

It made me realize how easy some home repairs could be to do ourselves. I almost look forward to the day I can do this again (not really, but you know what I mean).

*One thing I've realized, if you tell a worker to do a,b,c,d,e,f and you are not there looking over their shoulder, they will most likely do a,b,c,d,e, and forget f. In some cases "f" might or might not be important, but it's always annoying nonetheless. This is the one factor that has propelled me into weekends filled with painting and other home projects. Honestly, if I can do it, I'll do it better than a professional, it's not an insult, it's just the nature of it. The problem is the things that I can do are extremely limited!

No comments:

Post a Comment