One of the reasons we fell in love with our house was the sun room. Since it sits right next to the living room we knew right away it would make a nice office.
It was painted a lovely shade of Kraft-Macaroni-and-Cheese by the previous owners. Interesting. But for a sunroom it looked so dark and dreary! This should be a place filled with light!
Way back when, I thought I could tackle this room, in addition to a few others, in a day - HA! Of all the rooms in the house this one is probably the hardest to paint because of the number of windows - 7 (yep). It took me hours just to tape off the window panes - plus adding to the fact that this wood does not want to be painted. The dark color just leeches through so it needs primer, multiple coats of paint - ergh! It still needs touch ups. But it's halfway decent for now:
Floor: Minwax Jacobean
Ceiling: Benjamin Moore - Decorators White (Matte)
Trim: Benjamin Moore Ben - Decorators White (Semi-Gloss)
Walls: BM Aura - Stonington Grey (Matte)
What still needs to be done? The fun part! Office furniture and accessory inspiration board:
Clockwise from top left:
- New desk chair, preferably one that doesn't fall apart every 5 seconds - this one is from Pottery Barn.
- Add desk accessories like these lacquer white organizers from West Elm.
- Radiator cover - have to call in the experts for this!.
- Tripod floor lamp - like this beauty from Visual Comfort.
- I'd love to curl up with a book on this cushy Ikea chaise on a nice sunny day.
- Cute ikat pillows and a cozy striped rug, like these from Madeline Weinrib
Plus lots of other things:
- New roman shades - they look ok in these pictures, but in reality they are yellow and gross!
- Original windows = drafts = I'm freezing right now as I type this. We have to figure it out.
- Do something to the fan to make it look less fan-ish, or remove it and put up something more awesome.
- Paint file cabinets white, add a new wood desk top, maybe glass on top of that?
- Neaten up those wires.