Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bathroom - Part 7 - Covered

Bathroom progress, even if just a little project, is exciting. We had our radiator cover made and installed a couple of weeks ago, maybe more, however I'm just finding a moment now to post pictures.

I'm a bad, although well-meaning blogger.

Anyway, here it goes... If you can recall, the radiator left a lot to be desired... old and grimy, plus burning hot to the touch right next to the toilet - it just wasn't cutting it:
before = scary

Ta-da!:

the new addition

It's made a pretty big difference in the room:
Plus we had it over-sized in order to make it more centered underneath the window. Honestly, I wish I could tell you we broke out a miter box thingamajig and that other thing that bevels the edge of the wood, and toiled and sweat over it for a whole weekend.

But that didn't come close to happening! We do enough DIY around here, and a carpenter I am not, so we hired someone to make it.

I have a goal of finishing all the priming and painting of the wood work in the bathroom by tomorrow night. Even though it is already after 9 tonight, I am keeping my eye on the prize. And even though my better half just announced he was going upstairs to get comfy, I am going to persevere! And even though I've been working 10-11 hours in the office the past few days, well let's just say tomorrow's an early Friday so we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment