Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Am I Crazy?

In general, I feel like houses - especially those on the smaller side - should stick with light colors and a similar color palette throughout. But I have a teeny tiny exception to my rule.

Since we first put a bid on this house I knew I wanted to do something dark and dramatic with our guest room because 1) its a small room and 2) its a guest room so we won't be living in it on a day-to-day basis (and hence get sick of the drama).

Lately I've been so completely obsessed with having a navy blue room. So I bought 2 pints of different shades of navy and last night went to town with testing the colors:


Sidebar: the pint size paint cans are so awesome because they are about $6 each but you can paint a huge section of the room and get a much better read than the tiny sample sizes. (example: I painted this entire wall with two slightly different colors and still have a good amount of paint leftover in both cans)

So am I crazy for going navy? Before you judge, check out these beauties I found online:



I love all the white accents - I'm planning to use all white bedding, curtains, and area rug. Cozy lighting and crisp white curtains. Dark wood on smaller pieces of furniture and lots of black and white prints on the wall. Of course the ceiling, trim, and closet built in shelving will all stay white.

Crazy town? Or designer gone awry? Or totally awesome?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are nuts at all! This is amazing, a great color, especially for your room with all that light!

    Cant' wait to see the final product (I've subscribed to your RSS, so don't keep us waiting too long).

    ReplyDelete