Monday, December 21, 2009

Cozying up for the holidays


The last few days have been a whirlwind of unpacking and settling in. I can barely contain myself to hold it together until I get a paintbrush and roller in my hands!

Look at the frame over the fireplace! We bought it a few years ago for $20 at a thrift store that was closing in Jersey City. It fits perfectly above our fireplace! I could search high and low the rest of my life and probably never find such a perfect fit... I'm thinking about getting one of those antique glass mirrors made to fit in it. That would be sweet!

Also John is obsessed with finding the perfect pair of upholstered chairs to set on each side of the fireplace. A man after my own heart...

So much to do! In the meantime, we've added a few small touches to bring the holiday spirit inside...


No comments:

Post a Comment